Loading Flash Menu
 
 

 RADIOTHERAPY

 

 

 

About Department

Department of Radiotherapy came into existence in the year 1949. During the initial period the department was part of the Radiology Department of S.S.G.Hospital Baroda. A  Deep X-ray therapy machine along with superficial therapy unit was installed in the year 1949.

In.1969 another Deep-x-ray therapy was commissioned. With advancement in field of Radiation oncology in the year 1974 the first Telecobalt machine Gammatron R was installed in the Department.

Initially the department was located in the main OPD building.

In the year 1995 the existing Telecobalt unit Theratron 780C was installed and commissioned in the present Radiotherapy Departmental Complex located behind the Medical Nursing home which was build with donation from the Alumni of Medical College Baroda in North America

The High dose Rate brachytherapy unit Microselectron, 3D Treatment Planning System from Nucletron Holland was commissioned in 2007.-2008.

 

 

 

Home | Administration | MSU Affiliation | Ethics Committee | Alumni | Admission | Departments | Hospital | Library | Research

 
 

Copyright @ 2009-2010 Medical College, Baroda Anandpura, Vadodara -390001 Gujarat, India. Ph +91 265 2421594 |TeleFax - +91 265 2421056-   - All rights reserved

Developed by Chhutki Infotech